- City school district
- Small community that knows excellence.
- Wonderful community partners.
- Great partnerships with local groups.
- Under 1/3 of staff are our graduates.
- 65% of elected officials are our graduates.
- Paris of the Pacific.
- They take a little bit of Sitka with them.
- Superintendent visits every single classroom.
- During the year, pick different areas of focus and visit those classrooms.
- Understand the K-12 curriculum in all areas.
- Superintendent’s Spotlight newsletter.
- There is great power in small school systems of being able to get close the work.
- 1:1 for each student is growing because the superintendent is in the schools
- How the work changes when you are focused on the classroom.
- Angst during budget time has decreased with more focus being put on the classrooms.
- Budget process which gives more transparency. See current budget
Are you feeling like you are always behind at school? Do you feel like you need about 2 more hours each day to accomplish everything? Here’s how I help principals work manageable hours: Create your ideal week, so that you can leave work at work and enjoy your life!
Show notes on TransformativePrincipal.com
Download Paperless Principal.