Prevailing, Not Relishing with Rebecca Coda and Rick Jetter Transformative Principal 195
Proactive paranoia is good paranoia Call people to the carpet in a professional way.
Rebecca Coda and Rick Jetter are the authors of Escaping the School Leaders Dunk Tank: How to Prevail When Others Want To See You Drown.
- How to prevail instead of getting bummed out.
- Depersonalize the situation.
- Some reason they have ego, fear, jealousy, etc.
- Didn’t start with you, started with someone or something else.
- Alignments – aligning to different people.
- How people gather allies.
- If you’ve got an army behind you.
- Moving on
- How to deal with politicking.
- Nonviolent communication
- Call people to the carpet in a professional way.
- 4 step process for nonviolent conversation.
- Script, rehearse, prepared for curveball reactions
- Said with care and patience.
- Don’t want to be alone without a witness.
- You’re not effective if you’re feeling this way.
- Teacher Bullies
- How to be a transformative principal? It comes down to being willing to do what is right.
- How to be a transformative principal? You’ve gotta try!
Are you feeling like you are always behind at school? Do you feel like you need about 2 more hours each day to accomplish everything? Here’s how I help principals work manageable hours: Create your ideal week, so that you can leave work at work and enjoy your life!
Show notes on TransformativePrincipal.com
Download Paperless Principal.