Jerry Snow is a District Administrator and former high school and middle school principal. piedmont.k12.al.us contact information is there. email@example.com
- Team time, class time, my time
- Class time – social studies, math, etc.
- Show mastery – what does that look like.
- My time – 3 days a week, you work on the lowest area. Souped up study hall.
- If you’re caught up on pace, work on what you want.
- 2 days a week you work on ILPs
- Team Time – looping with kids 6-8th grade. Goal setting, character education, team building activities, Student-led conferences.
- Kids come up with the ways they do better.
- Mastery looks like: mimic ACT aspire certain percentage of level 3 DOK.
- 2 types of grades
- A numeric grade (0-100, A-F)
- MasteryConnect – mastery report where students are at.
- Need to show mastery at 80% first time to get 100%.
- Teaching parents that mastery is what is really important, but still keep grades to make sense of it all.
- Pacing – kids can go as fast as they want, but they have to keep a minimum pace to keep kids up.
- Schedule 8 period day, science and math were paired up. Teachers can trade kids.
- How to be a transformative principal? Be a better listener.
Are you feeling like you are always behind at school? Do you feel like you need about 2 more hours each day to accomplish everything? Here’s how I help principals work manageable hours: Create your ideal week, so that you can leave work at work and enjoy your life!
Show notes on TransformativePrincipal.com
Download Paperless Principal.