We all know that being a principal can be a lonely job. It is isolating to be the only one who has to deal with everything that goes on in your day-to-day life. Some of us have assistant principals, some of us have co principals, but each of us know that there are some things that are just hard to help other people understand what you’re going through.
Enter a mastermind. A mastermind is a group of people who are dedicated to investing in themselves to improve their lives.
We all have social networks which help us in various ways. If you have been on Twitter, in Facebook groups, or Voxer groups, you know there can be an ebb and flow with the conversation and ability to help other people in the group. You know there are a lot of lurkers. You also know that sometimes your questions and needs don’t get answered. Sometimes you don’t even ask questions because you can’t articulate what the problem is without giving a big back story.
A mastermind is different. You commit to being there for yourself and for your teammates. You commit to answering their questions, to supporting them, and, most importantly, to investing in yourself to help you be the best you can be.
The truth is, a mastermind isn’t for everybody. Answer the following questions and see if you might be one of the ten principals in the country that will be able to join this mastermind.
- Do you want your work and home life to be in balance?
- Do you want to lead with a new level of confidence and ability?
- Do you want to learn how to communicate with your teachers and students so they understand the vision you have?
- Do you want to learn how to work with other principals and leaders in your district to be on the same page, working towards the same mission?
- Do you want to be healthier?
- Do you want to have better relationships with those you love?
If you answered yes to the questions above, then let’s set up a call and talk further about the possibilities.
What do you get as a member of the mastermind?
- Weekly meetings online to facilitate the mastermind.
- A group of principals that are willing to help you as you help them.
- A monthly leadership book club
- A DISC personality profile test to help you understand how you communicate, and help people communicate with you.
- Free access to events and trainings.
- Private Facebook group and Voxer group.
- A rotating weekly problem-solving session that allows you to go deep into the primary problem you are facing in your school.
- Specific curated podcast list of the best podcasts available.
- Celebrations of overcoming obstacles at your school with people who will understand the complexity of the obstacle.
- A time to reflect that will energize you for the next week to be your best.
- Lifelong relationships with other principals.
I hope you will join me, and take your leadership to a level you never could have imagined.