Kara is an assistant principal at Edwin Lowe Elementary in New Town North Dakota.
- Grew up Cheyenne-Sioux South Dakota.
- Foster education.
- Emancipated as a young adult.
- Knew what it took to survive in life.
- Dropped out of High School.
- Started school again in her 20s.
- Life on the reservation due to socio-economic and other issues.
- She saw the world starting to pass her by.
- Writing a paragraph sounds so simple to most people, but it is very difficult if you haven’t done it in 14 years.
- Working on a Doctorate.
- So much to give back now to others.
- No student cannot succeed when they have the resources to be successful.
- Uncle was a good mentor.
- Making connections instructors.
- Not being afraid to ask questions that were on my mind.
- Most people want to help others.
- You have to be open to saying “I don’t know”
- You have to be reflective.
- Be reflective in your successes.
- Need to relax, slow down, and wait for things to happen.
- Felt drawn back to the reservation.
- Groomed to teach in Bismarck, but felt that working on a reservation would be more appropriate.
- Throw-away kids – Kara wants to advocate for them.
Ready for a Modern Web Site for your school? Simple School Sites is the place to go for high quality WordPress sites specially designed for schools.
Show notes on TransformativePrincipal.com
Download Paperless Principal.