Get rid of a culture of judgment and move toward a culture of improvement.
- 30 years in public schools. 10 as a teacher and 20 as a principal. ALPS, Principal in 3 different schools, Math Specialist for the state.
- Why he should have gotten a doctorate.
- Works with principals, superintendents, and HR directors in different district.
- Summative Evaluations
- Principals need to become coaches to teachers.
- If in a summative evaluation, a teacher is surprised, then the principal hasn’t done his job.
- Principals should not take the role of teacher coaches.
- Principal should be the lead learner or principal coach in the school.
- We get so caught up in administrivia and don’t focus on learning.
- A business manager vs. principal.
- Equitable division of leadership responsibilities.
- Ideal that the principal is the instructional leader.
Are you feeling like you are always behind at school? Do you feel like you need about 2 more hours each day to accomplish everything? Here’s how I help principals work manageable hours: Create your ideal week, so that you can leave work at work and enjoy your life!
Show notes on TransformativePrincipal.com
Download Paperless Principal.