- Create educational options is to help kids find their potential.
- Personalize to meet the needs of every student.
- Organizations follow systems or processes that become engrained in cultures.
- You get really good at the thing you’ve been doing.
- We’re not going to see schools disappear.
- Disrupting class, not the whole system to start.
- If you want a system to change, you need a great leader.
- So many forces arrayed to shoot down the “new”.
- People are not being obstructionist because they’re bad people.
- They’re not stupid people, they’re people in stupid systems.
- We need a different system to match a new era.
- Leaders have to give very clear permission about what you are allowed to violate.
- “You’re allowed to do anything that doesn’t put kids in harm’s way.“
- Very aggressively and clearly document every policy at odds with what has been on the books.
- Competency-based learning
- Don’t force them out of their comfort zone.
- “The Dual Transformation” managing transformation A and B.
- Go slow to go fast.
- We don’t fully understand what everything will look like.
- Seeing teachers in other places can help them see how it works.
- Coalition of the willing.
- Couple years is a baseline.
- May not know all the details, but then you have a chance to celebrate
Are you feeling like you are always behind at school? Do you feel like you need about 2 more hours each day to accomplish everything? Here’s how I help principals work manageable hours: Create your ideal week, so that you can leave work at work and enjoy your life!
Show notes on TransformativePrincipal.com
Download Paperless Principal.