Kristin Bentley is a 2nd grade teacher in a Title I school.
She created an awesome app that helps manage classroom behavior: Color My Day
- [Introductory Video](https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L4IrMJpInOk&feature=youtu.be)
- Using card pulls is not very effective.
- Clip charts use separate clips to show that positive and negative behavior.
- The two clips gave the ’93naughty’94 kids a chance to have a good day.
- Goal for card pulls is to stay positive.
- Card pulls don’92t give chances for kids to see what they can accomplish.
- Clips change kids self-esteem.
- Physical chart helps kids see and experience changes. Digital version allows teachers to collect and analyze data.
- Think Time form allows student to fill out the form with teacher and record it in the app.
- Data is collected school-wide and allows teachers to customize their individual reasons for clips up and down.
- Digital version of clip chart allows teachers to have data to collect and prepare for RTI, special ed referrals, and more.
- The app keeps track of the ratio of positive to negative ratios.
- Very powerful for teachers to see how they are interacting with their students.
- Teaches them a truth that we are both good and bad, and not just one or the other.
- Discounts available by mentioning this podcast. Huge discount for teachers.
- colormydaykids.com email@example.com.
Ready for a Modern Web Site for your school? Simple School Sites is the place to go for high quality WordPress sites specially designed for schools.
Show notes on TransformativePrincipal.com
Download Paperless Principal.