Brian Costello is in his 7th year of teaching in Southern New Jersey. Brian started his career as an instructional aide before going on to teach Kindergarten, 1st, and 2nd Grades. He is an avid writer, blogger, and Twitter user that has published his first children’s novel: Will McGill and the Magic Hat. Brian speaks at Educational conferences on topics including educational technology, leadership, communication, and professional development. See Brian’s previous posts for CUE.
Here is what we talked about today:
- Will McGill and the Magic Hat Independent Publisher
- CUE blog
- Classroom Community World Tour – helping kids see what happens in other places.
- Tour Builder – “Tour Builder is a new way to show people the places you’ve visited and the experiences you had along the way using Google Earth. It lets you pick the locations right on the map, add in photos, text, and video, and then share your creation.”
- The Dot by Peter H. Reynolds
- You use this to show students what life is like in another place.
- Twitter: @btcostello05.
- Inspired by the realization that we are in a really small community, and if we can show kids more of what the world is really like, they will be more open to what is possible for them.
- How to be a transformative principal: Find ways to say Yes.
- People are more willing to do things when you don’t tell them no.
Ready for a Modern Web Site for your school? Simple School Sites is the place to go for high quality WordPress sites specially designed for schools.
Show notes on TransformativePrincipal.com
Download Paperless Principal.