- First High School charter in the state of Utah – focused on the performing arts.
- Working to partner more with the Center for the Arts.
- Talking times – actors and actresses talking about their experience become actors and actresses.
- Professional actors asking, “How can we connect and teach classes?
- Compliance vs. deeper learning.
- Idea of moving past compliance and on task
- Idea of being joyful and passionate.
- When doing auditions can bring working professionals in to participate as well.
- Teachers are working outside of the classroom on their own careers to
- Collaborative Design, candid feedback, original work.
- Trevor McKinsey – Dive into inquiry
- Math exists in Art, dance, etc.
- Middle is messy, but it is where the magic happens.
- Everything is not defined.
- Don’t give out rules and such. Ask kids what they are curious about.
- Be mean until December doesn’t really cut it anymore.
- Belief that education does need to change.
- Kids are excited to be here.
Are you feeling like you are always behind at school? Do you feel like you need about 2 more hours each day to accomplish everything? Here’s how I help principals work manageable hours: Create your ideal week, so that you can leave work at work and enjoy your life!
Show notes on TransformativePrincipal.com
Download Paperless Principal.