- 4 year plan
- Look at it through a design process.
- What do we want that student experience to look like?
- Design process.
- What is the narrative arc for the school.
- Ask lots of questions to map back from the dream.
- Start as a leadership team.
- What would we like to be known for?
- Where are the innovators?
- Roadmap for how this scales throughout the entire school?
- You want the whole group together to be aware of the process.
- Understanding the tools of change is important.
- What is the “right“ leadership style?
- X axis agreement among team about how the world works.
- Y axis agreement among team about goals
- Use summer!
- Use creative configurations to give teachers back the time.
- Create space for professional learning during the school day.
- How to communicate to parents and the broader community what you’re doing.
- How to be a transformative principal? 1. Stories are what really move people. Focus on the stories. 2. Tell the teachers you’ll get their back when they do something.
Are you feeling like you are always behind at school? Do you feel like you need about 2 more hours each day to accomplish everything? Here’s how I help principals work manageable hours: Create your ideal week, so that you can leave work at work and enjoy your life!
Show notes on TransformativePrincipal.com
Download Paperless Principal.