Today, Damon Hargraves, host of the WorkflowED podcast turned the mic on me and interviewed me for the 100th episode of the Transformative Principal Podcast. I can’t believe I have done 100 episodes of this podcast. Thank you so much for listening to this and helping me make it better.
- RTI idea was in place, but we needed a little kick in the pants.
- Value of getting away from the day-to-day issues at school.
- How to keep it going when you come back from conferences: hang up the poster.
- Reducing ELA from 90 minutes per day to 45 minutes per day, with students who need 90 minutes still getting that much time.
- How to get teachers to agree to reduce the number of minutes for their content area.
- Yolanda Westerberg
- We can always be better, so let’s always improve.
- There is a story written before you. Accept the story that has been there before your chapter 1 starts.
- How to have solid forward momentum as you make changes, and not get stalled.
- Meeting with the correct people so you don’t get stalled.
- Getting feedback and adjusting course.
- Schedules Explained for Teachers video
Schedules Explained for Parents video
- Making sure that the right people had the information at the right time.
- The schedule we creating had a place for every student in the school.
- How to design software for your school when you don’t have what you need.
- Having plans in place even if it is going to be very difficult.
- Guru Technologies – the company we hired to develop the app for us.
- The app you can actually use yourself: Pickr App
- Teacher choice tutorial – kids know they aren’t performing and are eager to have the extra help.
- Be simple about what you’re trying to implement.
- MVP – minimum viable product
- Goals for moving forward: anticipate needs earlier.
- The book by Austin Buffum and Mike Mattos: It’s About Time
Ready for a Modern Web Site for your school? Simple School Sites is the place to go for high quality WordPress sites specially designed for schools.
Show notes on TransformativePrincipal.com
Download Paperless Principal.